As a Senior Software Engineer at PromptWorks I worked across many diverse projects.
- Assisted in requirements gathering and estimations.
- Modernized a legacy Django application, including creating reproducable builds and getting all of the configuration into version control.
- Implemented features on an internal Elixir/Phoenix application that maps Philadelphia tech companies.
- Significant refactoring of a legacy Django application's batch processing and cloud storage code.
- React Native Android application integrating client's proprietary chat platform with AR goggles.
- Integrated internal reporting tool with time tracking and invoicing software.
- Implemented multiple interfaces, richly animated components, and integrations for a point-of-sale kiosk using React Native on Android.
In June of 2018 I was promoted to Engineering Manager, responsible for performing bi-weekly 1:1s, planning and executing reviews, and standardizing various processes.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Ticketleap I was responsible for developing features for Port, a preorder platform with an embeddable interface and a 2 tier microservice backend. In addition I managed 2 reports, providing mentorship and architectural guidance on their projects.
- Implemented reproducible deployment scripts for Ticketleap's legacy platform to reduce downtime caused by releases.
- Performed weekly catch ups and biannual reviews for my reports.
- Created an extensible component for integration with analytics platforms, such as Google, Twitter and Facebook.
- Implemented a demonstration mode of our buyer experience so sellers could preview it before committing to giving us their financial information.
- Led implementation of configurable, condition and action based rule system to allow sellers to offer discounts based on various inputs.
At Zodiac I was primarily responsible for development and maintenance of the customer-facing dashboard for predictive CLV data.
- Prototyped customer dashboard in React.
- Implemented redesign of existing Angular site as well as company blog.
- Created UI for custom metadata feature that allowed users to:
- Upload datasets, check on ingestion progress, and see the state of previously processed datasets.
- Compare custom segments of their customer base.
- Build queries to allow for exporting of custom segments.
- Integrated platform with ExactTarget to allow use of custom audiences for campaign targeting.
As Lead Backend Engineer at Brief Technology I prototyped the data api backend for a point of care veterinary software system.
- Built a Python Flask application.
- Designed and implemented a preliminary database schema to store veterinary medical data.
- Automated provisioning of development environment with Vagrant and bash scripts.
- Created a Jenkins CI image with Vagrant and Ansible.
- Worked alongside veterinary professionals to develop requirements.
In January of 2015, I moved to the Data Activation team in Monetate's product engineering department. My management work expanded to deal with agile processes, managing the team's relationship with the product owner, and representing the team at department meetings.
- Performed regular 1-on-1s and triannual reviews of a team of 4 engineers.
- Developed features and improvements for a Data Import and Evaluation Tool.
- Helped develop and manage a new agile process.
- Groomed early stage feature requirements to ensure they were ready for the team.
- Wrote queue management features for bulk data uploads.
- Implemented REST API for SFTP User Management.
- Built a dynamic searching and filtering UI to allow clients to explore their data.
- Performed regular 1-on-1s and triannual reviews of 4-7 engineers.
- Provided technical guidance and support to the entire engineering team.
- Hosted group learning sessions to explore functional programming through katas in Haskell and Clojure.
- Provided architectural guidance and code for a UI tool to simplify client site integrations.
As a member of Monetate's delivery engineering team, I was responsible for integrating client sites into our platform as well as working with client service professionals to develop custom features. These integrations and features were third-party scripts that had to be performant, cross-browser and reliable.
- Creating actions to manipulate and/or insert elements or functionality into clients' sites.
- Assisted with client calls to provide technical support and explanations to clients.
- Refactored a common product display component to improve maintainability and allow for extensibility.
- Assisted in the design and development of larger scale common components.
- Was the primary technical voice of Monetate for a number of clients.
- Led code review sessions 2 days a week.
Member of a small team of developers responsible for CrewNet, the primary information and workflow portal for Vanguard's 14,000+ employees. I was also a key member of the team that created Vanguard's extranet.
- Designed and developed Gatekeeper: A feature toggle system allowing us to enable, disable and target access to features at runtime.
- Developed a single page application to enable crew to register political activities with our compliance systems.
- Managed integrations with other corporate systems, such as benefits and payroll.
- Implemented user registration and login workflow for our extranet.
- Presented to various teams throughout the company about my team's continuous delivery initiatives.
- Invited by Vanguard's CIO to help plan Vanguard's inaugural innovation challenge, leading to sponsorship of major IT initiatives.
- Produced a series of video advertisements to increase awareness and participation in the event.